Tuesday, 20 March 2012

Traffic

Today I really just want to bitch and moan about the traffic in the city that I live in.  I'm just saying.  Compared to other states i have lived in, my city really is just retarded. 
Ok so it is an 80km per hour zone.  Soooooo let's all done 60-70 kms per hour.  No worries.  i will just jump in to the right hand 'fast lane' and ovetake you.  OHHHHHH NOOOOO I will sit behind another person who is doing 70 km/ph.   No worries.  I will just sit here and wave my hands at you ignorant idiot.

Don't get me wrong, I am completely against speeding.  You should not excessively speed, for any reason, and if you do, I hope you crash yourself in to a tree injuring only yourself and no one else.  All I ask for, is for people to drive at the limit, not above or below it.  They can manage in every state in Australia, so why do they struggle in Tasmania??  Furthermore, when the light turns green, how about we all move forward at once?  Wow what a great idea... instead of sitting there and thinking hmmm the car in front has moved so maybe I might move now... take my foot off the brake, put it in to gear.... and let's go...

i swear everyone in this city should just drive in Melbourne for a short while and realise what the hell life is all about.  and any Tasmanian who complains about 'maniacal Victorian drivers' (or anyone from the mainland) drives me insane because Victorians are actually really good drivers - they let people change lanes when they need to, they keep traffic flowing rather than driving over the Tasman bridge as slow as possible during peak hour, when there is actually no need to drive slow... They all take off from traffic lights... so when poor old Victorians are driving around tasmania, they get called maniacs because they are driving fast or changing lanes and whatever, when really it is the Tasmanian who is stupid cos they havent given way blah blah blah.

So I am ranting and I am totally aware that no one cares, and everyone is probably offended, but this has just been annoying me for years and today is the day i am exploding. 

Phew. 

No comments:

Post a Comment